All students grades 6th through 9th are required to study all three of the Arts Focus areas of Dance, Music, and Visual Arts. All 10th through 12th grade TANM students are required to choose an Arts Focus. Within the Arts Focus, students will dedicate themselves to studying a concentration within one of the school's arts areas of Dance, Music, Visual Arts, or Artesanía.
Arts Focus students are required to participate in juried art shows, or dance/music productions.
Graduating Seniors will have the opportunity to apply for Honors Cords, which showcase their commitment in the areas of Art, Music, Dance, and Academics. See below for the qualifying criteria.
- GPA of 3.5 in academic courses. Arts course credits DO NOT count towards overall GPA.
- A total of at least 6 dance credits, 1 of which must be a dual credit class.
- Student must be enrolled in at least 1 dance course every year of high school
- “A” average in dance class.
- No dropped dance courses.
- Declared Dance Focus
- At least 4 art credits and enrolled in art every year
- “A” average of art classes
- Organize and exhibit original art in the Senior Art Show
- At least four music credits, enrolled in music every year
- “A” average in music study
- performance of at least one solo in TANM recital or TANM music recital
- help in organization and production of musical events